Patrick Anvroin, Director in charge of the CPMR Balkan and Black Sea Commission participated as a speaker in the “Conference on the Blue Economy of the Black sea” that was held in Odessa, Ukraine, on 14 and 15 June 2016 (see the presentation). The conference allowed for in-depth debate on marine and maritime issues in the Black Sea and focused on the added value of the blue economy in the Black Sea region.
The event brought together the entrepreneurs and policy makers around following issues:
- how to bring destinations closer to tourists,
- how coastal and maritime tourism can help blue economies thrive,
- how to chart the sea bed with the help of the research community,
- how to fund maritime business endeavours and where to find partners,
- what skills and competences are needed to enable the marine/maritime workforce to apply new technologies,
- how to use the sea in a sustainable manner.
Speakers’ presentations, working documents and the summary are available on the conference webpage BlueEconomyInOdessa2016